Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a medical term that describes the inability to achieve and or maintain an erect penis sufficient for satisfactory intercourse. It can cause low self-esteem, performance anxiety, depression, and stress. ED may affect the quality of a marriage or intimate relationships.
The most common risk factors for ED:
- Old age
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular diseases
However, there are many safe and effective ED treatments available.
- Oral pharmacotherapy
- ICIVAD – Intracavarnosal Injection of Vasoactive Drugs
- VED – Vacuum Erection Device
- Penile Implant (three piece inflatable penile prosthesis, two piece semi-rigid prosthesis)
- Surgery for Peyronie’s disease
- Correction of penile curvature
- Treatment of Priapism
- Repair of penile fracture
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)