POST-GRADUATE Emergency Medicine Course
The Emergency Medicine Department at AIG Hospitals guarantees you the highest levels of skill, expertise and a world-class care with state-of-the-art infrastructure.
The protocols at our 24-hour emergency department are designed to respond with a quicker and aggressive approach to provide the golden hour care when it is most required with proven outcomes that are on par with the very best in the world.
At the AIG Hospital’s Emergency Room, there is a swift access to expert Emergency Physicians capable of performing cutting-edge procedures and performing all timely life-saving interventions. We have cardiologists, trauma specialists and all other departments who are available 24×7 for advanced care during an acute emergency. Working round the clock, our Emergency Physicians have access to highly advanced and accurate laboratory and radiology tests.
It’s based on the Royal College of Emergency Medicine curriculum. It offers an opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate both the breadth of his or her knowledge of Emergency Medicine as well as the application of the knowledge to common clinical scenarios. The candidate must be able to demonstrate good communication skills and knowledge of Emergency Medicine.
The examination is competency-based and assesses knowledge, skills and behaviour necessary for the successful clinical practice of Emergency Medicine. The areas assessed will include systematic approach to undifferentiated unstable patients for all age groups.
Duration of the course
- Three Years (36 Months)
- No exemption shall be given from the period of training.
- Leave – as per institutional policy.
- AIG HOSPITALS, GACHIBOWLI
All exams will be conducted by RCEM examiners. Candidate for admission to join the AIG fellowship/residency programme shall be required to possess the following qualifications:
- He/she must have a qualified MBBS Degree.
- Obtained permanent registration certificate from any one of the State Medical Councils or Medical Council of India
- Foreign Medical Graduated should have cleared their FMG screening exam before enrolling into the course and have to submit their FMG screening exam result copy to the society as mentioned in the application.
- AIG Hospitals is a unit of Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, India’s foremost Gastroenterology hospital. Spread across 1.4 million sq., AIG Hospitals is a state-of-the-art 800-bed super specialty Hospital, which is among the largest hospitals in the country today.
- Led by Dr. D Nageshwar Reddy, Chairman and Managing Director & Dr. G V Rao, Director, AIG Hospitals offers comprehensive healthcare services across 8 key Centres of Excellence – Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology, Liver Sciences, Organ Transplant, Pulmonary Sciences, Renal Sciences, Oncology, Cardiac Sciences, Obesity & Metabolic Therapy.
- Training comprises of rotatory postings in Emergency room, Medical ICU, Surgical ICU and OT to attain skills to provide emergency care, critical care and basic anaesthesia.
- Weekly journal club and Hands-on workshops for skill learning in onsite skill laboratory from experts.
- Pre hospital emergency care and in-hospital emergency codes are included in training.
- Emergency Medicine department is supported by round the clock diagnostics lab, radiology, blood bank and expert teams.
- Focused training for MRCEM, UK examination. MEM candidates are eligible to appear for MRCEM [Membership of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine] – UK examination. MRCEM is recognized by Medical Council of India as additional specialty degree.
The examination consists of 3 parts: PART A, B & C
It’s the basic examination which is based on basic medical knowledge. The theory exam consists of 50 questions, each with four stems to be marked either TRUE or FALSE. It’s not negatively marked.
The syllabus contains basic sciences as applied to Emergency Medicine: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Evidence based medicine and Statistics (Syllabus for Part A is available on College Website: link).
Exam Duration 2 hours. Exam centres in India are Hyderabad, Chennai and New Delhi. Conducted two times in a year in the month of June and December.
Candidates are awarded either Pass or Fail. After successfully clearing this examination candidate can apply for Part B and C examinations.
The theory paper examines data interpretation skills and consists of 16 short answers based questions, total 160 marks, duration 2 hours. The questions present a clinical scenario and may have clinical data including radiographs, CT scans, ECGs, blood test results and clinical photographs.
The exam is conducted twice in a year: June and December at Hyderabad and Chennai. The Part B and C are usually held simultaneously over 2-4 days, on day one will be Part B examination and following it on Day two will be Part C. Candidates are awarded Pass or Fail. Exam prerequisite are that candidates must have passed Part A and completed two years on Emergency Medicine Rota in a recognised institution.
Practical exam consists of 18 Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) stations that assesses knowledge, psycho motor ability, interpersonal skills (including communication and conflict resolution), professional behaviour and clinical decision making skills. Candidates must pass 14/18 stations to pass the exam.
Academic Schedule and Mode of Training:
- There will be a weekly academic schedule may differ according to hospital’s education plan.
- But will include regular theory and practical classes aimed at imparting training as described below:
The mode of training is predominantly self-directed and work based learning.
- Dr. Saranya – Medical Emergency
- Dr. Naveen Reddy – Medical Director
- Dr. Soma Raju – Cardiology
- Dr. Narasimhan – Electrophysiology
- Dr. Sundeep Lakhtakia – Gastroenterology
- Dr. Sanjeev M Patil – Surgical Gastroenterology
- Dr. Vishwanath Gella – Pulmonology
- Dr. Sai Ram Reddy – Nephrology
- Dr. Siva Kumar Reddy – MICU
- Dr. Subodh Raju – Neurosurgery
- Dr. Arun – Emergency Medicine
- Tuition fee – INR 1,00,000 per year (including taxes)
- During the program, the student will be paid a stipend** of INR 15,000/month for 1 year, INR 20,000/month for 2 year and INR 25,000/month for 3 year
- Attested copy of MBBS degree
- Attested copy of MCI/Regional council registration certificate
- Attested copy of Internship completion certificate
- Two passport size photos
Online submission of application form can also be done.
For Further Info:
Dr. Mounika: 8686551290
Dr. Ahmed : 9618786573
Download the Form OR Fill The Form