MBBS, M.Ch (Neurosurgery)
Dr.Suresh Kanasani is expert in handling routine and emergency neurosurgical cases and is also a chief resident, in training the residents, handling the emergencies and assisting in smooth work flow of the admissions, rounds and routine surgeries. He was also a part of Craniopagus twin separation surgery and some of complex surgeries conducted at AIIMS. He has also assisted in conducting the National conferences at AIIMS institute.
Areas of Interest:
- Skull Base and Vascular Surgery
- Minimal invasive and Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Neuro oncology
- Neuro trauma
- Spine Surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
These are some of the work by Dr.Suresh that are yet to be published in Cranioplasty chapter in Handbook of Trauma (NSI),
- Technical note on ‘Improving safety of ventriculoperitoneal shunt procedure by intraoperative CT using O-arm in absence of cranial software’.
- Case report-‘Trans-oesophageal migration of pulled – out locking screw (zero-profile implant system) and its retrieval using suction catheter’.
- Case report-‘A rare triad of lateral rectus palsy, sylvian fissure bleed and bilateral SDH shrouding a benign pathology.
- Case report-‘Extra medullary plasmacytoma of orbit:A case repor
Visual and Hormonal Prognosis in Patients with Craniopharyngioma after surgical excision of the tumour (Ambispective study).
- AASW-2014 – IVth AIIMS Annual Spine Work Shop,
- WFNS Skull Base Neuroendoscopy Workshop, November 2015, OLIF Cadaver & Live Operative Session,
- 8th AIIMS Annual advanced Spine Workshop (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery by Kumiyoshi Abumi & Aleksey Vladimieovich),
- 18th AIIMS Annual Micro Neurosurgery Workshop, 22nd AIIMS Annual Micro Neurosurgery Workshop,
- AIIMS Ultrasound Trauma Life Support (AUTLS) Course,
- 12th Annual Meeting of Asia Pacific Cervical Spine Society (APCSS),
- 10th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNOCON), 25th Annual Conference of Neurotrauma Society of India (Neurotrauma 2016),
- AIIMS Spinecon 2019- 3rd International Spine Congress & Live Operative Workshop (Theme: Advances in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery),
- CME on Midline Posterior fossa tumour under the aegis of skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI) AIIMS Rishikesh,
- Open Spine Cadaveric Workshop(Theme: Scoliosis & Complex CVJ Surgery) January 2020.