Director - Endoscopy & EUS
M.D. MNAMS. D.M. FASGE
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia is a senior consultant at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad, with more than 20 years of experience. He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP.
He is heading the EUS division of Endoscopy at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (AIG) where more than 3500 procedures are performed annually, including critical interventions like EUS guided drainage, EUS guided pancreatic tumour ablation etc.
He has numerous original publications in international & national indexed journals, along with book chapters in international & national books. He is a peer reviewer and editorial board member in many reputed international and national journals. He is an invited expert for live demonstrations & lectures for major international and national endoscopic, EUS & ERCP conferences.
He is the secretary of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India from 2018-21. He is a fellow of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). He is visiting professor to University of Mandalay, Myanmar.
He has received numerous awards and scholarships during his academic career, including prestigious
1. “Young Investigator Award” at Asia Pacific Digestive Week at the Philippines in 2006.
2. Awarded the MNAMS in 2010.
3. Awarded the Fellowship of American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in 2014.
4. Appointed as visiting professor to University of Medicine, Mandalay, Myanmar in 2016.
5. Represented UP state in national junior Table Tennis Championship 1979-80.
6. Awarded Government of India Merit scholarship 1979-84.
7. Visiting professor University of Mandalay, Myanmar, Nov 2016 onwards.